Sunday, March 9, 2014

Thanksgiving 12/2/13

Happy thanksgivi​ng! :)


Inbox
x

Jacob James jamesj@myldsmail.net

12/2/13
 
This past week was reaaally slow.. but thanksgiving was great and we got fed a lot of food, and even got some leftovers to take home. We only have one week left before transfers, we will be getting the calls this saturday to see where we are going. i think im leaving the area but i could be wrong. I wouldnt mind staying even though ive been here for about 6 months now.
There wasnt anything spectacular this week. I let a missionary borrow my bike though but when i got it back the next day the tire went flat. Elder M and I spent some good time trying to fix it. Then as we were about to leave he pointed out that neither one of us had our helmets, other missionaries had them.. so we wasted a lot of precious time. umm... We also gave some service this week and helped a family move some furniture. They originally told us that we would only be moving like 2 couches or something but we ended up doing a lot more than that. They live in a 3 story house thats on the island, and its pretty nice. They have 2 elevators, which was really helpful but.. each elevator only went to 2 of the 3 floors, so in order to get something from level 3 to level 2, you had to first take it to level 1, then take it back up to level 2. kinda confusing.. but we actually did a lot, and we were there for 8 hours haha it was good though! 

Well, i spoke with my mission president and i feel so much better. After fasting and praying a lot, and then taking the sacrament on Sunday, i felt like a new person (and still do of course). I do love him now, and feel silly for perhaps letting my emotions get the best of me. I dont really know how to explain how i feel, other than saying Im happy! hahah :) i seriously thought i would never get over those feelings, but the Lord really made a drastic change in me.. I know people can change and im so thankful that He's so patient and willing to work with us, even though we walk imperfectly. I love Him, and am so glad I get to serve Him!! :)

I hope you guys had a great thanksgiving and maybe even got some sweet goodies for Black Friday! You are all in my prayers; and I hope you know that I can feel when you pray for me. Prayer is real!! I love you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment